Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Minor addendum

FIRST: If you haven't read the previous blog post, go read it here.

NEXT: Talis is setting up a new patcher and small installer so that you guys won't have to just use the torrents to distribute the client. Both will be up shortly and everyone who played on aRO will need to install them in order to play on Anthem. After that, I think a new full installer will be distributed over torrent only, and the small installer will get a torrent as well. If you don't have the old aRO client, you'll need to pick up a copy of kRO Sakray, which you can find in quite a few places. Like with old aRO patcher, you'll be able to do it without the full kRO client; all you'll need to play is Sakray and the new AnthemRO patcher.

A lot of you are curious about why I'm leaving. It should be fairly obvious that I'm in some kind of personal trouble, and really that's all I can say for now. It's pretty much been made impossible for me to continue running the server without putting myself at serious risk.

I think there's a pretty good chance I'll keep this blog going, although I'll probably make it into a general videogame sort of blog instead of specific to AnthemRO.

Hopefully the AnthemRO forums will be up soon, and you all can go back to "/ot."

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, if it's a problem for you to keep running the server, why isn't it a problem for anyone else?

Just curious.

Ral/Asterisk

Unknown said...

/OT/ moved =/

cha0tic said...

Will the gunslinger class get all the right adjustments. like bullet cases, class guild, weapons.

Taiyou said...

Glad to see that you'll continue with these blog.

Here's my Toast to AnimaRO:

The name, alone, carries a lot of weight, now. It has a life-story, and enough drama to fill a book. From when it was first created, to when I joined up, and from Debbie's death to BlackTalon's betrayal; this server has had so much history behind it's name that it's become so much more than just a server.
WE were easily RMS's most talked about, and the name escalated in fame to be a legend among RO servers.
The community here has had strong bonds, and I'm sure than many people have found new friends here that they'll never forget, like [deXter] and PrisonRoommate.

It's just a server's name but it was among the best, and I am truly saddened to see this name be taken down.

Cheers to Harken, the memory of Debbie, and AnimaRO - The ride was fun while it lasted.

Jeremy Hoistion said...

It was a fun run guys- One I won't forget.

I can honestly say no other Ragnarok server left this much of an impression on me, Anima will always be one of the best to me.


At least, I will help with Anthem Reporting /gg

---Nerkel

skimz said...

i'm confused how do i get the anthemRO patcher and stuff

Anonymous said...

AnimaRO was a wonderful place. For me, it was a second home: I could escape there whenever I needed a small break from real life. It was a place where I could relax, blow off some steam, and just have fun.

For more than a year, aRO has been a part of my life. But I believe animaRO will still live when the server changes, the name changes.

A name doesn't make a server; people make servers. I think that the players of animaRO will continue to enrich the gaming experience on the new server. It may be laboring under a different name, and something dear to you might be gone, but with time comes change.

AnimaRO led a dramatic, fulfilling life.

But I'll see you on AnthemRO.

Thank you Debbie, Harken, and everyone else who made animaRO what it became. I'll never forget any of it.

-Berm

KewlKaLng said...

what about the animaro price check will it be on the knew patch as well...what i mean is...will we have a new price check web site?

bluedoggy21 said...

so ..is this saying we wont be able 2 paly 2 day or somethung or around 10 am newyork time?

Unknown said...

When wil the downloading thing be ready cuz It seems that I cant get on ragnarok anymore.sob.

Unknown said...

Can you plz tell when the downloading thing is up cuz i realy wana play RO unless there is something else i need.sob.

Aena said...

... will miss you lots. ;~; <3

Well said...

Thank you.

I hope you have a good life and come visit us every now and then. It's amazing everything this server went through. Also the best thing is that it still survives. Long live AnthemRo, but it will never be the same.

Eterna said...

When I read this, all of my friends including me almost cry. Finally we need to leave AnimaRO.
Very many problems we have passed together since Debbie's death, Black Talon's betrayal, and finally we need to give up AnimaRO

Hope in AnthemRO will be fun like in AnimaRO. There is no server like AnimaRO that very friendly and honest. I love this server.

Good luck Harken! Welcome AnthemRO

Unknown said...

so...will there be ANY difference between anima and anthemro?